Saturday, August 12, 2006

Sailboat!


Ok, some of you know I have a sailboat, some don't. Anyway, here it is! I bought it (very) used about a year ago, and have been slowly making repairs and modifications. It's a "US-1" racing dinghy, 15.5 feet long, but narrow, like a canoe. It has a BIG sail and tall mast. I decided long ago that if I wanted to enjoy it, and relax in it and fish and even go "camping/cruising" in it, I would need to make modifications. So, I've made a smaller sail and mast, and I've made outriggers, which you can see in the photo. The outriggers aren't quite finished yet, but almost! Plus, I've purchased "2-part floatation foam" with which I'll completely fill the interior closed spaces (although not the cockpit), which will make the vessel unsinkable. So I'm very excited. I desperately needed to find something to get me out of the house, you know, and get some sun and exercise. I really, really need this, and I mean desperately. I'll update with on-the-water pics soon!

1 comment:

Steve Hearn said...

Cool! I enjoy sailing but have not had the chance to sail for about 30 years! Have fun on the water Tim and do post some pictures of your adventures!