Monday, November 19, 2007
Well that didn't work!
I started to paint a pic of Tinkerbell today, but I soon learned I was rushing it, and was in a bad mood, and kept smearing the wet paint. It was looking good at first, as I cut-out the stencil section, and started a nice flesh tone, but, like I said, I was in a bad mood and rushed the whole thing. You must REALLY MASK WELL when dealing with such small images. My airbrush isn't as finely detailed as some, and I'm not yet adept at its control, really, so careful masking is essential. Trial and error. And error. A bit tedious. ...
...Yet, afterwards, I went back through a book or two, and I think I've figured-out an excellent way to do masking in an easier (and more "fool-proof") way. I need to get a couple of items, but the stores are closed now (it's late), so I'll get my stuff tomorrow. This new technique will be perfect for murals. Man, there's not enough time in the day anymore! I really really really need to get my skills solidified with murals, and start making some money! I'm broke broke broke...*whimper*whimper*