Sunday, June 29, 2008

I keep changing my mind...


If you know me, or if you look back over this blog, you know that I'm CONSTANTLY changing my mind. Fickle is the word you're searching for. lol... But, you know, today I'm in the middle of cleaning and packing and cleaning and packing and cleaning... and moving onto the sailboat, Wind Song, tomorrow, my 24' Islander... And I'd pretty much given up on being able to travel on it and live on it, deciding instead to travel and live on a sailing dinghy for the summer, and maybe even sell Wind Song. (I can't live on Wind Song at its current location, technically.) But...you know...now that it's all HERE, and I've worked my last shift at Disney in Orlando, and am FACING it, IT, IT, the new life, a cruising sailor, living on boats, my DREAM, I find that I feel ENTHUSED about Wind Song. It's a real cruising sailboat, although on the small size. This model has crossed oceans, even circumnavigated. And I own one! It's paid for! It's my HOME. I should do everything I can to keep it, live on it, etc. Which means I need to get the bottom fixed, and move it from the dock in Apollo Beach SOON and begin my travels, cheaply. Very exciting. I'm ridiculous and crazy, I know, but people DO this sort of stuff. I'm not the first or last, all this sailing and living on boats, and the difficulty which goes with it: no AC, lots of salty water, the smell of fish, the danger of storms, bad anchorages, pesty Coasties... But somehow I LOVE most of that. I think it should beat a life of merely sitting in front of this damn computer all day. And that IS the life I've been living.

The romance of cruising the seas indeed enthralls me...We'll see what happens...

No comments: