Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sailing Photos



Me and my friend Alex (www.alexdellagatta.com) went sailing for a couple of days in his new Macgregor 26 (last week). (His girlfriend doesn't like to come along all the time, so he's usually eager to get some crew.) We started at Fort Desoto Park, near the mouth of Tampa Bay, then went out into some open ocean sailing (the Gulf of Mexico), and then around Egmont Key. We decided to have dinner in Cortez, FL., at the Fish Shack, so we docked down there, and ended-up staying the night at the dock, rather than "anchoring-out" somewhere. The next day we had a great sail back up to Fort Desoto. 10 knot wind on the beam. Sweet. ...Alex snapped a couple of photos of me at the helm. In fact, I did 90% of the helm work, which was great because Alex was exhausted (having been out all week already) and because I have such little experience on these bigger boats. Almost all my experience is on sailing dinghies and sailing canoes. And since my Islander 24 is almost ready to go, I really needed to get some more exposure to handling these larger craft. "Good times," says Alex. Indeed.

1 comment:

Esly Carrero said...

weeeee!!!
Looks like fun!!!!

:)